Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hope I'm doing this right. Dad turned over the postings to me - who would have guessed. He is a better writer than I am. Yes Adam you received your writing skills from your dad!.

Updates from the last month. Dad and I spent a week in San Diego and Los Angeles. Dad had a convention in San Diego. We went a few days early and spent time in Los Angeles with my brother. We went to the Santa Monica Pier.

Here is a picture of Dad braving the cold ocean.

The weather was perfect but the water was still cold. He was mad that I wouldn't get in the water but I pointed out to him the number of people enjoying the warmth of the beach compared to the few dummies in the water. I sat with the smarter ones and read about Edward the Vampire and Bella wanting to be a vampire (the Eclipse series in case you didn't know).

We went to Six flags. Here is a picture some of the roller coasters of where we parked the car.

Dad wouldn't let me bring my bag and camera. It was a good thing because we would have had to rent a locker at each ride to lock it up in. This Six Flags has mainly roller coasters. Pretty fun ones. However, a word of advice. When your stomach says I've had enough of roller coasters, you had better listen. Going on one more is a major mistake unless you want to embarrass yourself and those around you by losing your lunch. I speak from experience! by the way, they strap you in so tight that you can't lean forward when you stomach says its had enough - sure makes a mess of your clothes.

All in all we had fun!

No comments: